This tutorial assumes you have already set up an e-mail account in your control panel and launched Apple Mac Mail
1) Click File… then click Add Account.
2) Type your name here as you want it to appear on outgoing mail… your full e-mail address… then enter the password associated with this e-mail address.
3) Click Continue.
4) Since we are setting up a mailbox using POP, leave that option selected. Then type a description for this incoming mail server.
5) Enter the Incoming Mail Server as provided by your host. Note that this can be anything from mail.example.com to just the domain name as shown here. Then type your username, and click Continue.
6) In order to send mail from this address, we need to set up the Outgoing Mail Server. Enter a description, followed by the Outgoing Mail Server.
7) Check Use Authentication, make sure your emailaddress is the username and your password is filled in and then click Continue.
8) Review the information and click Create.
9) Now turn off SSL for both incoming and outgoing server. Make sure the corrects ports are used (incoming are the default ports, outgoing is port 587).